Distribution and Logistics
With a central location for Florida’s largest population centers and convenient access to world markets, Palm Beach County is a logical choice for logistics and distribution companies. Top companies with distribution centers in Palm Beach County include ALDI, Walgreens and FedEX.
As the Western Hemisphere's commercial gateway, Florida's and Palm Beach County’s logistics and distribution industry is poised to grow further with the Panama Canal expansion in 2014 and the numerous infrastructure developments and upgrades underway around the state.
Key Transportation and Freight Facilities
Strategic Intermodal Systems (SIS) Highways: I-95, Florida’s Turnpike, US-27, SR-80, SR 70
SIS Railroads: FEC, CSX, FDOT/TriRail, South Central Florida Express
SIS Airports: Palm Beach International Airport
SIS Ports: Port of Palm Beach
Non SIS State Highways: US-1, SR-7, SR-A1A
General Aviation Airports: North Palm Beach County, Belle Glade State Municipal, Palm Beach County Glades, Palm Beach County Park, Boca Raton Airport
Palm Beach County is home to 14 Distribution Centers occupying over 3.2 million square feet.
1. Aldi - 625,000 s.f. in Royal Palm Beach
2. American Tire Distributors - 120,000 s.f. in Royal Palm Beach
3. Brown Distributing – 92,000 s.f. in West Palm Beach
4. Cheney Brothers (Main Headquarters) - 250,000 s.f. in Riviera Beach
The 11th largest food distributor in the nation.
5. FedEx Distribution Center – 50,000 s.f. in Riviera Beach
6. Florida Crystals Distribution Center - 180,000 s.f. in Western Palm Beach County
7. Oase Group/GeoGlobal Partners - 45,000 s.f in West Palm Beach
8. Publix Distribution Center – 487,000 s.f. in Boynton Beach
9. Scalisi Wholesale Fruit and Produce – 19,000 s.f. in Royal Palm Beach
10. Sysco Southeast Florida - 314,000 s.f. in Riviera Beach
11. Total Distribution Centers - 26,000 s.f. + 77 acres in Jupiter
12. US Food Service - 300,000 s.f. in Boca Raton
13. Walgreens - 672,000 s.f. in Jupiter
14. Woodfield Distribution – 77,000 s.f. in Boca Raton