© 2016 All rights reserved.
Palm Beach County’s diverse manufacturing cluster includes sophisticated aviation and marine components, biomedical devices, pharmaceuticals, it hardware and software, printing and construction products. There are over 20,900 manufacturing jobs in Palm Beach County with average earnings of $76,179. In total, Florida is home to over 19,000 manufacturers employing more than 331,000 workers. The Florida Legislature passed a sales tax exemption law for manufacturers purchasing machinery and equipment.
Palm Beach County is home to many manufacturing companies including:
Aerospace Technologies Group, Inc. (ATG) is a 65,000-square-foot facility located in the Research & Development Park at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton. Founded in 1998, ATG is a worldwide leader in the design and production of window shade systems for commercial and corporate aviation customers, such as Boeing, Airbus, Gulfstream, Cessna and Dassault Falcon Jet.
To the north, Locus Traxx, a fast-growing technology company focused on food safety and security of food shipments, is located in a 60,000- square-foot facility at the Florida Research Park west of Jupiter. Founded in 2005, Locus Traxx serves customers in the global food industry. Its SmartTraxx monitoring system wirelessly reports the temperature, security and location of shipments on the road. The company’s OverSight system delivers real-time Intelligent Alerts, texts and e-mails based on the incoming shipment data. These timely alerts ensure that shipment damage, theft or tampering can be prevented.
In Delray Beach, Lumitec, designs and manufactures marine LED lighting solutions. An engineering and design firm focused on high-quality, extreme environment LED lighting, Lumitec does all of its design, testing, and manufacturing at its research and development headquarters in Boca Raton.
A global leader in the radio frequency (RF) microwave industry, SV Microwave designs and manufactures RF connectors, cable assemblies and passive components for U.S. and international customers.
Top 5 Reasons to manufacture in Palm Beach County:
1. Broad network of higher education, vocational education, and customized training programs.
2. Targeted industry incentives including sales and use tax exemptions, and tax credits and refunds for capital investment, R&D, and job creation.
3. Nationally recognized export assistance programs, robust financial and professional services industry, and strong logistics and distribution network.
4. Particular expertise in advanced materials, aerospace, biomedical, IT, defense, marine, and green technologies.
5. Unmatched access to Latin America and the Caribbean.
Check out Glades Region of Palm Beach County: