Contact a teleworking FDVA Veterans’ Claims Examiner by calling 727-319-7440. The call will be returned within 24 hours. Examiners can also be reached via e-mail at VSO@fdva.state.fl.us
To contact the State Women Veterans’ Coordinator, call 727-319-7418 or e-mail ThomasV@fdva.state.fl.us
For 24-hour counseling, call the National Veteran Crisis Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
Veterans in Florida also can call the Florida Veterans Support Line at 1-844-MyFLVet (693-5838) or 2-1-1. Visit www.FloridaVets.org for the latest information.
Help for Businesses
The Business Development Board of Palm Beach County, in partnership with Palm Beach County, local chambers of commerce and municipalities, is launching www.BizHelpPBC.com to help companies struggling from the COVID-19 pandemic. This website will provide weekly news updates, resources, and will feature a 2 p.m. Town Hall call every Friday.
Community Services Department COVID-19 Rental & Utility Assistance
Individuals and families experiencing economic hardship related to COVID-19 because of loss of employment, or sickness can apply for assistance through the Community Services Department. Residents who are eligible can access emergency rental and utility assistance online by visiting the website or by calling the following phone numbers:
* Online application for all services including rent and utilities: www.pbcgov.com/OSCARSS
* Phone number for rent: 561-904-7900
* Phone number for seniors EHEAP: 561-355-4746
For now, the courts have temporarily suspended hearings on evictions, and a moratorium has been placed on utility shutoffs. However, residents are encouraged to act now to ensure they have the ability to budget responsibly and make sure rent/mortgage and utilities are paid. Visit www.pbcgov.com/communityservices for more information about how to prepare and budget.
Free Telemental Health Services for county residents
* Mental health services provided by the Palm Beach County Youth Services Department’s Residential Treatment and Family Counseling (RTFC) Division are now available to the public via Telemental Health.
* Highridge Family Center – Currently accepting applications for future residents. Intake appointments and weekly family counseling sessions, in addition to virtual individual therapy and parental support, are ongoing via Telemental Health. To schedule an appointment, call 561-625-2540.
* Family Violence Intervention (FVIP) – Court diversion program is accepting cases referred from the State Attorney’s Office. FVIP team of master and bachelor-level staff provide case management, case planning, referral advocacy and mediation telehealth services via Zoom Video.
* Youth and Family Counseling (YFC) – Currently providing assessments, family and individual therapy, parent education and school-based behavioral health services via Zoom Video. Telemental Health services are offered in English, Spanish, French and Creole. To schedule an appointment, please call (561) 242-5714.
* For more information about Telemental Health and other services provided by Palm Beach County Youth Services, please visit their website http://discover.pbcgov.org/youthservices/Pages/default.aspx
For more information and to apply for the ELC scholarship, simply go to the link below:
ELC First Responder Child Care Application [trustedpartner.azuredge.net]
FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA
Feeding South Florida Calendar of Food Distributions at www.feedingsouthflorida.org/covid19
These sites provide groceries in a drive-thru style. The list is updated daily, dates, times and locations may change.
PBCSD campuses will remain closed for the 2019-2020 school year. Distance learning will continue through the last day of the school year in Palm Beach County Friday, May 29.
SCHOOL FEEDING SITES
The School District of Palm Beach County continues feeding students while schools are closed.
* Until further notice, the 35 feeding sites will be open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Two days worth of meals will be provided each day. Meals distributed will be lunch and dinner only.
* Visit www.palmbeachschools.org/news/what_s_new/feeding_sites_open_during_school_closure for locations distributing ‘Grab and Go’ bags filled with breakfast, lunch, supper, and a snack, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
HOUSING & ECONOMIC SUSTAINABILITY
County Housing and business assistance programs can be found at http://discover.pbcgov.org/HES/Pages/Palm-Beach-County-Business-Loan-Program.aspx
ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL
PBC Animal Care & Control is asking to help empty the rest of the shelter after making history by clearing an entire kennel. Adoptable pets are still available in the other two kennels:
* View adoptable pets online: https://secure.co.palm-beach.fl.us/snap/home
* For more information about fostering visit http://discover.pbcgov.org/publicsafety/animalcare/Pages/foster.aspx
The Palm Beach County Library System has partnered with Age of Learning to provide free home access to ABCmouse.com (ages 2-8), Early Learning Academy (ages 2-8), Adventure Academy (ages 8-13), and ReadingIQ (ages 2-12). Complete the form online to receive an access code to these services: www.pbclibrary.org/abcmouse
The Palm Beach County Library System has many resources available to help students, parents and teachers during virtual schooling. Staff are available by phone, email and chat to answer technology and other research questions through As-A-Librarian at www.pbclibrary.org
Visit the Library COVID-19 page at www.pbclibrary.org/covid19/resources to view all their programs.
OFFICE OF EQUAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
Palm Beach County Office of Equal Business Opportunity is hosting “Tuesday’s Tips.” The teleconference will be presented weekly for the small business community and will include tips for sustaining business in response to COVID-19 and other information to support local small businesses. For more information, contact OEBO at email@example.com or 561-616-6840.
PALM BEACH COUNTY VICTIMS SERVICES
The Palm Beach County Victim Services & Certified Rape Crisis Center helpline is available for information, options and support: 561-833-7273. Services are free, confidential and private.
PARKS AND RECREATION
All parks and golf courses, both public and private remain closed until further notice.
Visit the Virtual Recreation Center at www.youtube.com/user/pbcparks
ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
PLANNING, ZONING & BUILDING
Some of the Planning, Zoning and Building public meetings for May and early June are being canceled.
All public meetings for April have been canceled.
Palm Tran Fixed Route and Paratransit
* All passengers should have a mask covering their nose and mouth while riding.
* The number of people onboard has been limited to no more than 15 passengers.
* Palm Tran Fixed-Route continues to operate on a Saturday schedule except routes 1, 2, 3, 43 and 62 which are on a regular weekday schedule. Sundays continue to operate on a Sunday schedule.
* Palm Tran Connection is essential trips only.
Go Glades Service
* Palm Tran’s western community bus service, Go Glades, Routes 1, 2, 3 and 4 are currently not running a regular service. You will be able to book a trip on directly to and from your destination by calling (561) 649-9838.
The Palm Tran call center (561) 841-4BUS (4287) is operating from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Many trip planning functions may be done through the Palm Tran app and on palmtran.org
lPassengers are urged to wear masks while riding. Tri-Rail continues to offer an amended schedule until further notice, with 18-trains every 2 hours starting at 4:17 a.m. on weekdays, and 12-trains every 3-hours starting at 5:17 a.m. on weekends.
* Trains have suspended fares and are operating on a modified schedule:
18 trains on Weekdays, 12 trains on Saturday, 12 trains on Sunday.
* Train service is suspended until further notice.
SOLID WASTE AUTHORITY
Hunger relief, baby and household supplies, and assistance with calls to 211 Helpline are among the programs supported through $234,690 in COVID-19 emergency funds released by Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County (CSC). The council’s funds are earmarked for food, basic needs (excluding shelter), and direct services to children and families. Visit www.cscpbc.org/news/council-releases-nearly-235000-through-covid-19-contingency-fund%20
EARLY LEARNING COALITION OF PALM BEACH COUNTY
Offering a limited number of child care scholarships for those serving on the front-line of the COVID-19 response. This is available for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old for up to 60 days for these critical employees. Call 561-514-3300.
For resources to help cope during the coronavirus pandemic please visit www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/samh/prevention/suicide-prevention/covid-19-and-suicide-prevention.shtml
AGING & DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER (ADRC HELPLINE)
Seniors ages 60 and older are encouraged to call the ADRC Helpline 866-684-5885 for assistance with food, food stamps, COVID 19 information and questions on Medicare or Medicaid. Specially trained counselors are available to help in English, Spanish or Creole Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
FLORIDA HIGHWAY SAFETY AND MOTOR VEHICLES
The Executive Director of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles authorizes the changes and extensions to driver licenses, identification cards, Registration, delinquent fees and in-person interviews. FLHSMV COVID-19 Emergency Order 041320
All jury selection proceedings are suspended through May 29. Jurors who were summonsed for jury duty through May 29 do not have to report for service. They do not need to take any further action. Those with questions regarding jury service can call 561-355-2930 or visit www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/jury
The Fifteenth Judicial Circuit is limiting most face-to-face hearings. In order to protect the public’s constitutional right to access and to ensure the progress of essential proceedings, the courthouses have remained open. Anyone who enters the courthouse will undergo a non-invasive temperature scan. Any person who refuses to have their temperature taken or has a temperature of 100.4 º F, or higher, will not be permitted to enter the courthouses. For updated information, visit http://15thcircuit.com
PBC Emergency Information Center remains open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call 561-712-6400
* Boca Raton 561-982-4900
* Greenacres 561-642-2000
* Town of Palm Beach 561-227-7070
* Riviera Beach 561-812-6597
* Wellington 561-791-4000
* West Palm Beach 561-822-2222
Palm Beach Post Full Article